Monday 7 December 2015

DECEMBER: THE MONTH OF MOZART!

REMEMBERING WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART

1756 - 5th December, 1791, 12.55 AM, Vienna.
December 5, 2015 marks the 224th annual observance of the passing of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

In the premature hours of the morning in 1791 Vienna, the world lost a talent never seen before or since - a one time wunderkind-turned-virtuoso who forever changed the course and sound of classical music. He may have existed more often than not, a pauper, but in terms of the legacy he left in the annals of music history, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart lived and died a King.

"I went into the kitchen; the fire had gone out. I had to light a candle and make a fire. I was thinking of Mozart constantly. The coffee was ready and the candle was still burning...I stared right at it and I thought to myself, 'I wonder how Mozart is?' and while I was thinking this and staring at the candle, it went out, as if it had never been alight.."

- Sofie, sister of Mozart's wife, Constanze, in the hours leading up to the composer's impending death.




-Rose.


No comments:

Post a Comment